Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Last Olympian= Gold Medal Success

Although it doesn't have to do with the Olympics, Rick Riordan's The Last Olympian is an outstanding book.
This book may have been a quick read, but I loved it. Rick Riordan describes his characters so well that they became clear people and images in my brain. Quite often when I read books I picture the characters looking like somebody I have seen before but with his series, I have always had a clear illustration of who the people are. They really pop off of the page and make the reader care about them and their multi-faceted personality. One character who I particularly liked was Hestia. She came off as a sweet girl but with great wisdom and values.


The ending was not in the least disappointing either. I was curious as to how Riordan would end his series. I was afraid that Percy was going to end up being the hero and somehow work the Great Prophecy so he is not defeated by Kronos. But I was more than happy with the twists in the ending, between Sliena's valiant death (another scene which was vivid in my mind) and Luke's ultimate sacrifice in the end when he realized that he had made a big mistake. The ending to this series is not at all cliché but still has a happy resolution that left me smiling. 5 out 5 stars!

(This is a link to my Goodreads account where you can find this review and others.)
http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/118400964

No comments:

Post a Comment